Would you like to help inspire the next generation of Latino Scholars?
We are creating a video documentary of past Latino Summit participants. We would love for you to participate by recording a short two to three minute video. We have crated a list of guidelines and questions to help you create an impactful and inspirational video about your experience.
Here are a list of questions we need you to answer in the video:
- What high school did you go to?
- Where are you going to school/graduate from?
- What are you/did you major in?
- What is your career? Where are you working now?
- What was the most inspirational moment for you at Latino Summit?
Here is a list of questions you can answer in your video as well. Use one of these to help you shape your message.
- How have you grown since your freshman year in high school?
- If you could say 1 thing to your 9th grade self, what would it be?
- What accomplishment are you most proud of?
- What piece of advice would you give these high school freshmen?
- What was the biggest obstacle you had/have to overcome? How did you overcome it?
- How has your Hispanic/Latino background helped you succeed?
- What one single word would you give to offer hope to these freshmen/students?
You are exactly what Latino Summit is all about! Here are some guidelines that will keep our message consistent.
- Wear business casual attire
- Select an appropriate backdrop. Neutral backdrop to keep the audience’s attention.
- Be natural and 'yourself'. Give an honest impression of how you are and about your path- post high school.
- Be mindful to use appropriate language. Your audience is mostly comprised of 9th grade students AND School Staff!
- Remember your high school audience. They are young and impressionable. Be honest and positive with your message.
- Don't worry about perfection! We will be editing every video.
We would truly appreciate your participation! Thank you for sharing your journey! This year’s Latino Summit event will take place on Friday, November 17th, 2017 at Harper College. We will be sharing the finished video documentary after it’s viewing at the event.